On 7th November, la Grande Balade broadcasted on RTL offered an original recipe created with MalouGabsi, semi-finalist of Top Chef 2020. The recipe : chocolate and Brussels Ketjep lacquered spare ribs, cooked on the barbecue!
To see the recipe in motion, it’s here. And for the most impatient, here’s what you need :
- Spare Ribs
- 1 or 2 red Peppers
- 1 mix of Quinoa
- Brussels Ketjep
- Poultry stock
- Hot pepper sauce
- Dark Chocolate
- Flat-leaf Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
The recipe :
1. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and steam them in a steam cooker to make them tender.
2. Cook the quinoa mix as indicated on the packet. Add the melted butter and chopped parsley.
3. Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Stuff with the quinoa mixture and put on the barbecue.
4. For lacquering, mix hot pepper sauce, poultry stock, chocolate and Brussels Ketjep. Melt on the barbecue in a small pan. The acidity of the Brussels Ketjep balances the sweet and fruity taste of the chocolate.
5. Put the ribs on the barbecue and brush them several times with the mixture of Brussels Ketjep and chocolate to obtain a nice crust. Make sure the barbecue is not too hot.
Enjoy with a nice little beer!